Notarizations/Certifications in Belize
We are able to arrange to have an attorney certify or guarantee that certain documents are in order, original or true copies of their originals. We are also able to assist in certifying extracts of local documents, and foreign court evidence.
We are able to assist with the following:
- Apostilles (pursuant to and for countries party to the Hague Convention)
- Legalizations (for all other countries other than above)
- Powers of Attorney
FISCAL INCENTIVES PROGRAMME - Government of Belize
The Ministry of Economic Development operates a comprehensive investment scheme which is available to Belizean and foreign investors through its Fiscal Incentive Program, Export Processing Zone and Commercial Free Zone. The Government of Belize offers medium and large scale development concessions and tax holidays to select entities meeting certain criteria.
We are experienced in assisting clients with the above mentioned applications. We pride ourselves with having successfully assisted developers and investors with these applications.
- Exemption of import duty on transport & utility vehicle(s), equipment, building materials, plant and machinery, etc.
- Exemption of Duty on spare parts for plant and machinery and also on raw materials for use by the business
- Approvals may be granted for a period of up to 15 yrs
Documents required for Application/Proposal
- Corporate Documents for Local Corporation
- List of items and quantity for Duty Exemption
- Environmental Checklist
- Title of Land
Business Plan is required
This must include the following: Description of Project, Management & Staff Organization, List of Assets (both movable and fixed), Balance Sheet, Certified Profit & Loss Projections, Marketing Plan, and Cash Flow. It should also contain information regarding the Economic Benefits along with bank reference letters for the business or its principals.
- The Financial Statements must be certified by a Certified Practicing Accountant.
- All Licenses/Permits must be present
- Belize Local Corporation (We can assist with this)
- Business must be beneficial to the economy of Belize
- Applications must be submitted in triplicate to the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE)
- Business must be favorable to the environment
- Business must create jobs
- Our review - Generally 30 - 45 days
- Government Revision - 3 - 4 months
A Deposit of US $1,000.00 is required for us to review your project.
Note: Government Fees are non-refundable and payable to BELTRAIDE. These fess range from US$3,500.00 - US15,000.00 depending on the type of investment. The minimum investment made must be US $250,000.00.